* Adobe Photoshop
*3D Studio Max
CorelDraw is a Vector Graphics Software, Allowing the user to produce World Class Illustrations with 16.7 million colours. THE SPECIAL APPLICATION OF TEXTURES AND GRAPHICS FOR 3D VISUALIZATION allows the user to give a realistic look to their designs.
Adobe Photoshop is an Image Processing software package that enables you to create & edit images on IBM personal computers. Adobe Photoshop is acknowledged in professional fields as the cutting-edge, the final word in image editing.
Because computer-aided design is increasingly common, many employers expect new designers to be familiar with its use as a design tool. Interior designers use computers to create numerous versions of interior space designs-images can be inserted, edited, and replaced easily and without added cost - making it possible for a client to see and choose among several designs.
AutoCAD is the most powerful and the most popular AUTOMATIC COMPUTER AIDED Drafting Program.
*With AutoCAD, you can draw 2D Drawings as well as 3D Models with Rendering.
*AutoCAD is also useful in Mechanical Drafting, Architectural Drawing, Interior Designing, etc.
*The main feature of AutoCAD is not only to create drawings but drawings with proper dimensions and scale.
3D studio max :
3D Studio Max is a tool from Kinetix for making 3D Models, Designs and also to create simple as well as complex 3-Dimensional Animations and Walk-Throughs.
* 3D modeling and Rendering.
* Architectural drawings and layouts of all kinds.
* Interior design and facility planning.
*Line drawings for the fine arts.
* Using 3D-Studio Max, is an important part of communicating with the drawing community.
* Achieve impressive presentations by simply souping up your 2D drawings and presenting them in dynamic views.
* A new paradigm for Design Visualization.
* 3D Studio Max software gives you the freedom to Experiment and Race ahead with your Ideas and Imaginations.
* Photographic & natural backgrounds made by yourself to create extraordinary environment.
* The Special effects & extra lighting effects to make the environment much more vibrant.
* Integrated Keyframe Animation. Subtle Visual Effects - Visual effects are available like fog, atmospheric effects, volumetric lighting and the effect of fire to help make, your Project Powerful and Natural.
* Powerful Materials Editor, Simple materials with full control of color, textures shininess, strength of shininess, self-illumination and opacity are built-in.
* Rich Lighting Tools, Quick, precise control of lighting effects.
* Nondestructive Booleans and Lofts Merging outer Scenes or Film Clips with the Project made in 3D Studio Max.
* Auto Back Light - Automatically position the sun for any day of the year, any time of day, any position on the earth, or any angle true north relative to your model.
Maya is the world's most powerful 3D animation and visual effects software for the film, video, broadcast, game development, interactive, and location based entertainment markets.
*Create 3D Models and Render them into Images or Movie Clips.
At university they only teach us autocad 2d and 3d . I took 3d studio max as well at uni but its not required I took it as extra ( madeh e5teyareyeh).Can you imagine the lack of programs normal student knows. To coupe with that especially that I hate to be a regular student I am self tutoring using internet tutorials to know how to use photoshop , corel draw and sketch up ( a program similar to autocad but a bit easier to make 3d ). Well thanks to my friend nisreen ( she was studying graphics before going to the interior design stream)and my friends at sawfan's architects who helped me to know how to start with photoshop being an effective but not easy program to start with . Now maya is left for me so I will take it as courses with my friends starting next week hopefully . So at the end of this summer I can tell I have put my feet on the first step of being a good designer :)
I will post some pictures later of my work on each program :)