.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Part of MY world :)

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

How do you know when you're angry?

I just felt so angry so i did this search read it, its true.

When people become angry they can experience many different thoughts, feelings, and physical reactions. Some people experience strong feelings of resentment or hostility, raise their voice, curse, or throw things. Other people experience physical symptoms such as headaches, nausea, and increases in heart rate and blood pressure. For some, angry feelings become so overwhelming they feel ready to explode. Others may not know they are angry about a situation but will feel physically ill, guilty, or will overreact to other situations. Listed below are some direct and indirect expressions of anger. Look through the list and see if you experience any of these thoughts, feelings, or behaviors.

Direct signs of anger: raised voice, yelling, cursing, headaches, stomach aches, tightness in the throat, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, clenched fists, threatening others, pushing, shoving, hitting, feeling violated, hostility, resentment, rage.

Indirect signs of anger: excessive sleeping, chronic fatigue, anxiety, numbness, depression, sulking, overeating, loss of appetite, crying, constant criticizing, mean or hostile joking, abuse of alcohol or drugs.

Many people experience these general signs of anger. First, identify which feelings you experience using the list above. Then, look at how your anger develops. There are some feelings and thoughts that occur when anger begins and those that occur as anger increases. In order to identify how your anger symptoms develop, it may be helpful to fill out an anger scale. This scale will help you identify your physical symptoms, thoughts and feelings when you first begin to feel angry and help you track how these change as your level of anger increases. In order to use the form, try to think of situations in the past where you have experienced anger and recall what feelings and symptoms you experienced. It will be helpful to think of situations where you experienced different levels of anger in order to better understand how your feelings, thoughts and physical symptoms change.



12 Comments:

  • Well mira, for me its easy to answer such question,
    when I'm angry, I HIT people.

    By Blogger Madi, at 6/21/2005 2:46 PM  

  • Interesting... I didn't think anger had physical effects on the body.

    I think I don't get angry easily. I can really say that "I lost control" once in my life. That's when "threatening others" solved the problem. I'm guessing I look scary when I'm serious :)

    By Blogger Samir R., at 6/21/2005 5:02 PM  

  • Waaaal.. I have almost all the signes of anger, i should check what i am angry with!

    madas

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/21/2005 7:02 PM  

  • nice article but i don't need it. When I'm angry I know it, and al the people around me know it :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/21/2005 9:34 PM  

  • Thanks Mira, I have exams, and i will finish in two days..

    By Blogger Amr Faham, at 6/21/2005 11:27 PM  

  • Everyone can experience these signs, if you choose to express your anger and let go you show the direct signs and your anger wears off quicker, but if you choose to hold off and pretend not to be angry, you'll suffer the indirest signs and the anger will usualy last a long time even days.

    I usualy use both solutions, depending on the problem and situation, sometimes it's too tough to hold it.

    By Blogger Baher, at 6/21/2005 11:31 PM  

  • Weired,

    I am angry, indeed. But to have all of those signs !!!
    I have them all, and more

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/22/2005 1:12 AM  

  • Jad i hit people especialy guys all the time, but i have to change this bad habit :P

    Samir before 3 months i started to lose weight like crazy and my stomach wasn't normal,i kept on vomiting and unable to eat. So i visited some doctors and had many blood tests everything was normal but the dr said it can be stress from the work load :) so anger and stress can affect the body badly :)

    Madas hehehe well you dont have to be angry with anything :)

    Hareega well i do know as well and all people around me can tell i am, but you have to control it, cause once my friend told me people dont have to suffer with you :)

    Amr wish you all the luck :)

    Diablo i totally agree with you :)

    Mohamed dont let anger control you try to control it, Oh i should tell that to myself :P

    By Blogger M!R@CHK@, at 6/22/2005 8:11 AM  

  • I was so angry today, I can tell because I started cussing.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/22/2005 8:56 AM  

  • Hehehehe Sc well shit happens:P

    By Blogger M!R@CHK@, at 6/22/2005 12:16 PM  

  • Mira, when you control your anger, you try to control it, because you are angry to be angry, so you don't want to be angry !!
    So, it is anger at the end too :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/23/2005 4:40 AM  

  • ya i guess ur right :)

    By Blogger M!R@CHK@, at 6/23/2005 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home