.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Part of MY world :)

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Interior design vs Jewelry design

Let me go back in time, three years ago it was a turning point in my life. I had to decide what my major will be. I had many options to choose from, my dad once being a doctor wanted me to study pharmacy. I hate memorizing so I was against this option and said NO to my dad for the first time in my life. My mom wanted me to study jewelry design which we don't have in Jordan. Ok I didn't know what to study at all. I like drawing I used to draw some stuff as a kid so I didn't mind studying design. But both dad and mom knew I am the kind of person who can live alone I cant go study abroad especially at that age 17yrs. So the best solution was to study something else but still under DESIGN category. So from here the idea of interior design came as a temporary option so when I finish I will be in a suitable age to go study jewelry design abroad.

Still in the summer before joining university as an interior designer I joined my uncles and took a course in "Diamond grading and classification". This course was presented by a Belgium professor who came to train Jordanian jewelers for one month. I knew nothing about Diamonds at the time; I was 17 the youngest and the only girl present with my three uncles. Now I have a certificate and I was one of the best students in the course taking into consideration it was my first experience with stones unlike others.

As you guys know, now I am a good interior designer and I love interior design. I don't know if I should stop here of continue the first plan. I still have one year to think but still I can't decide what I want. I am a good interior designer I am afraid I will not be as good if I gave up interior design and continued jewelry design. Or maybe jewelry design was the best option for me because it's easier and at least I can help my family. I feel I am facing another turning point in my life. I just can't choose I like both and in both cases I am a designer and I love this word.

Can anyone put himself in my place and help me decide?



Posted by Hello

22 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home