.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Part of MY world :)

Saturday, May 14, 2005

12 Step Program Of Recovery For Web Addicts

1) I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my PAPER newspaper like I used to, before the Web.

2) I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing.

3) I will get dressed before noon.

4) I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Web.

5) I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Web-deprived.

6) I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Web.

7) I will read a book... if I still remember how.

8) I will listen to those around me about their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Web.

9) I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email.

10) I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not.

11) I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the Web.

12) Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime... and the Web will always be there tomorrow


21 Comments:

  • Thanks! My wife read this and for the past hours she has been repeating #12 for me!

    By Blogger jameed, RPh, MS, at 5/14/2005 9:10 PM  

  • looooooool oh my God, this program is made for me :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/14/2005 11:54 PM  

  • Hehe, yeah my favorite is number 12 too! But honestly, I don't think I'm addicted......

    By Blogger Roba, at 5/15/2005 3:56 AM  

  • thanks Mira, i really need such program..
    Do you know what they call me at the office: Khamkhoum el net!!!
    i spend not less than 2 hours daily on the net.

    By Blogger Amr Faham, at 5/15/2005 4:45 AM  

  • Good luck Mira in your attempt to get over your addiction:-) Let me know if your program work.
    Issam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/15/2005 5:36 AM  

  • LoL Mira it's interesting how all of us bloggers relate to this (except Roba ;p )

    I keep saying I want to do something about this internet addiction but I never actually take any serious measures! So I'm gonna try with those, and will let you know if it works ;)

    By Blogger Lina, at 5/15/2005 6:42 AM  

  • Hehehehe i am surprised 2 find this number of web addicted ppl :P i thought i am one of few :P hehehehe we have all 2 try it then :)well 4 me it will never work coz i most of the time working on the computer my major requires that so i cant but take a look of some stuff every time and then :P

    By Blogger M!R@CHK@, at 5/15/2005 8:10 AM  

  • lol mira as if it was being made for a person like you!!!! try doing some of this stuff you wrote!!! you'll be amazed

    By Blogger Hind Sabanekh, at 5/15/2005 8:48 AM  

  • Hahahaha hindo wat do u mean???:P

    By Blogger M!R@CHK@, at 5/15/2005 9:25 AM  

  • Roba is in denial. She IS addicted w nos (as the great singer Nancy -hizzi ya nawa3im- Ajram says)

    By Blogger jameed, RPh, MS, at 5/15/2005 9:29 AM  

  • Hahahaha jameed i couldnt resist a laugh :P

    By Blogger M!R@CHK@, at 5/15/2005 11:57 AM  

  • non did worked with me Mira:( I prefer using the internet than hangging out with friends:(

    By Blogger Ghalia, at 5/15/2005 12:57 PM  

  • Hehehehe Ghalia u seem 2 have a hopeless case :P well i sometimes feel the same way :P so i am a hopeless case as well

    By Blogger M!R@CHK@, at 5/15/2005 1:25 PM  

  • Iyas ya batal, look who's talking :P You're method of cheering on a soccer team is to redesign a homepage and post pictures of people kissing :P woohoo :P

    By Blogger Roba, at 5/15/2005 4:34 PM  

  • And what does that have to do with internet addiction ya "madmazeil" Roba?

    By Blogger jameed, RPh, MS, at 5/15/2005 5:46 PM  

  • Thanks for the post Mira :)I really need to overcome my addiction!

    By Blogger Dina, at 5/16/2005 2:05 PM  

  • Hehe dina dont worry we all nedd that :)
    Hehehe chris i know wat ur talking :P
    WEB JUNKIE BLOG????? wat do u mean ????!!

    By Blogger M!R@CHK@, at 5/17/2005 5:07 AM  

  • i am not that extreme but getting there

    By Blogger Phantom of the Blog, at 5/17/2005 12:56 PM  

  • hehehe nurhan u better try not 2 reach coz its hard 2 go back :P

    By Blogger M!R@CHK@, at 5/17/2005 1:40 PM  

  • I'm not just addicted, I'm way past addiction. Not even a 1000 step program could help me, lol...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/23/2005 10:32 AM  

  • hehehe MMM tell me about it :P

    By Blogger M!R@CHK@, at 5/23/2005 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home